The JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme is an incentive for businesses to employ additional young job seekers aged 16–35 years.
Eligible employers can access the JobMaker Hiring Credit for each eligible additional employee they hire between 7 October 2020 and 6 October 2021.
If you hire new employees, you may be eligible to receive payments under the JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme.
If you and your new employees are eligible, you can register and then claim JobMaker Hiring Credit payments for 12 months for each new job filled with an eligible additional employee.
To be eligible to receive JobMaker Hiring Credit payments for a JobMaker period, you must:
- check you’re an eligible employer
- employ eligible additional employees
- register for the JobMaker Hiring Credit before your first claim
- satisfy the headcount increase condition
- satisfy the payroll increase condition.
Our JobMaker Hiring Credit guide has step-by-step instructions on how to register.