- This event has passed.
Innovate to Grow: Agrifood – Virtual Short Course – Applications open now
Innovate to Grow: Agrifood is designed for established small to medium sized businesses (SMEs) who want to investigate their agricultural R&D opportunities. A half-day virtual workshop will scheduled for 28 October 2021 with a short onboarding session in early October (date TBD). Program details follow, but if you want to learn more go to: Innovate to Grow: Agrifood – CSIRO
This program is designed for established SMEs who are either interested in understanding their R&D opportunities or are in the early decision-making stages about engaging in an R&D project with a research organisation.
Each program will bring together SMEs and industry experts from a specific industry sector.
Innovate to Grow is delivered with Practera, using their experiential learning platform to facilitate high quality project learning collaboration and to provide an engaging and practical course for SMEs and startups.
The 10 week course is self-paced and is delivered in three phases.
Phase 1: Program preparation
- Participants will be provided with an on-boarding session, pre-workshop videos, materials and questionnaires to assist in preparing for the program
- Time commitment is approximately two hours
Phase 2: Half-day workshop
- The program’s main compulsory component is a half-day workshop covering the program concept. Participants will hear from CSIRO industry and research experts as well as relevant industry SMEs. Key topics include trends within your industry sector, a panel discussion with collaborating SMEs, and current funding opportunities for R&D.
- Time commitment is approximately five hours
Phase 3: Self-paced 60 day online program
- Participants will work through the online innovation program at their own pace, supported by CSIRO experts and experienced innovation facilitators to develop and test their research ideas and business cases.
- Optional fortnightly webinars on topics such as how to write a funding proposal and expert insights into your industry
- Final wrap-up session
- Time commitment is approximately 1-2 hours per week
Participants will walk away from the program with a suite of tools to enable ongoing innovation planning in their business, including:
- Innovation Value Template to define innovation opportunities and assess their business value
- Business Case Template to assess and compare innovation opportunities for your business
- Funding Plan Template to understand key data and funding requirements, and prepare for a funding application
- Detailed Project Budgeting and ROI Calculation Templates