GOLDFIELDS MINING FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
Mining in the Goldfields will be more exciting than in the Pilbara during the next 10 years, according to the outgoing Chamber of Minerals and Energy WA boss. Speaking at the inaugural Minerals Forum in Kambalda, CME chief executive Paul Everingham said after four years in the role, he was still excited by what Goldfields miners had to offer.
“The Goldfields is way more exciting in the next 10 years than the Pilbara,” he said. “The home of mining in WA is the Goldfields.
“It started here, and it’s very much a more diverse commodity base.
“I think this region is under-recognised globally, but some of the best mining entrepreneurs in Australian history have come out of here, and there’s some current ones that are extremely capable, and there’ll be some even greater ones in the near future.”
With labour shortages one of the largest issues facing his member companies, Mr Everingham told the forum he expected this to ease with State borders coming down. “There’ll be about 35,000-45,000 people returning to WA from March 3 permanently – so they’re returning from interstate and they might have been living there or living overseas,” he said.
Mr Everingham said his proudest moment with the CME had been seeing member companies’ resilience during the everchanging COVID-19 situation. He said during the pandemic, mining in WA had continued safely and effectively, contributing to the State’s financial success.
CREDIT – Kalgoorlie Miner
Job Opportunity at MineGeoTech: Senior Geotechnical Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team. The successful applicant will principally be undertaking site support work, acting as the on-site senior geotechnical engineer for various clients.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Comply with Ground Control Management Plan (GCMP) and other relevant site manuals (e.g. Seismic Hazard Management Plan (SHMP) and Back Fill Management Plan)
- Review/update GCMP and supporting manuals/procedures as necessary
- Regular geotechnical inspections
- Rock mass logging, mapping, assessment and quantifying response to excavation
- Ground support scheme assessment, design, performance review
- If required, design, monitor and maintain operational efficiency of seismic system
- Interpretation of seismic data to rock mass excavation
- Provide geotechnical input to the development heading, stope note, and backfill sign-off processes
- Maintain intact rock property testing database to provide appropriate spatial coverage of mine workings
- Collate, store and analyse QAQC data of ground support schemes and backfill
- And more
Does this sound like you? Find out more: https://www.seek.com.au/job/53073241
Introducing Target Mining Resources
TARGET MINING RESOURCES is a Kalgoorlie-based company specializing in core logging & processing, training of junior geologists and geological assistants, and mine geology support. The client delivers their diamond drill core to our center, where our geologists and technicians log, photograph, cut, sample, and dispatch to the laboratory. The results are delivered directly to the client. Our on-demand geologists provide short- and medium-term solutions to your exploration and mining needs. You plan, we execute!